Sherlock Holmes Society of Ireland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Sherlock!

2 posters

Go down

More Sherlock! Empty More Sherlock!

Post  Victoria Rose Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:51 am

Hi,

I've read the original stories but can anyone recommend any non-Conan Doyle Holmes spin-off books. The other day I came across "Mycroft Holmes and the Adventure of the Silver Birches" by crime novelist David Dickinson, and loved it (short story was written with spirit, wit and intelligence of original stories). The publisher, Endeavourpress.com, seems to be publishing other Holmes related titles. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mycroft-Holmes-Adventure-Birches-ebook/dp/B006JXUSBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325605895&sr=8-1

Does anyone know of any other new e-books or books out on Sherlock though, apart from the new Horowitz one?

Thanks.

Victoria Rose

Back to top Go down

More Sherlock! Empty Re: More Sherlock!

Post  Admin Nikita Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 am

Victoria Rose wrote:Hi,

I've read the original stories but can anyone recommend any non-Conan Doyle Holmes spin-off books. The other day I came across "Mycroft Holmes and the Adventure of the Silver Birches" by crime novelist David Dickinson, and loved it (short story was written with spirit, wit and intelligence of original stories). The publisher, Endeavourpress.com, seems to be publishing other Holmes related titles. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mycroft-Holmes-Adventure-Birches-ebook/dp/B006JXUSBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325605895&sr=8-1

Does anyone know of any other new e-books or books out on Sherlock though, apart from the new Horowitz one?

Thanks.

Hello there!

I've neglected this forum for a long time thinking no-one was using it so you probably won't see this but...

I have a few Sherlock Holmes pastiches. One of them is about Homes trying to solve the mystery of Jack The Ripper called The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Whitechapel Horrors.

There are also other books in this series (by different authors), here is the list of titles:

The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Dr Jekyll and Mr Holmes
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Séance for a Vampire
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Angel of the Opera
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Ectoplasmic Man
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Giant Rat of Sumatra
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Man From Hell
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Peerless Peer
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Scroll of the Dead
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Seventh Bullet
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Stalwart Companions
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Star of India
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Titanic Tragedy